2/14/2014

VALENTINE'S DAY: TO LOVE

Honestly, I have something against a set day to be romantic - I rather enjoy romance on other days of the year, where I don't feel obliged to work the magic between me and my love. That being said, nothing wrong with considering and appreciating that what one loves in live, right? The outcome is the list below. Happy Valentine's day!


1. The boy. I'm happy to say that the love of my life is right next to me.
2. Cold yet sunny weather. Ultimate happiness. The cold wakes me up and makes me feel all energetic, while the sun makes me smile. Perfect days for a stroll through the city or a bikeride without destination - an activity completed with a warm cup of tea when back home again. 
3. Saturday breakfast. Nothing beats a proper Saturday breakfast with my love, where we take our time and just relax. Music on the background, papers and (fashion)magazines on the side, good food and great conversations. Best way to start the weekend, period. 
4. Music. My very own happy pill that makes me go that extra bit harder in the gym, cheers me up when needed or calms me down in times of chaos. Current playlist favorites are Iggy Azalea, Stromae and Beyonce - perfect for dancing around the house while the boy is out!
5. Greece. I've spend virtually all my holidays in Greece while growing up, lucky bastard that I am. Consequently, Greece feels like home - it's a culture I've grown to love and appreciate. Also Greece provided me with both my first kiss and my first heartbreak; so many memories, so much I have learned. 
6. Fruit. The small joy in life: blueberries in the breakfast, a banana after my workout, strawberries as a snack and an apple a day to keep the doctors away - you know what I'm saying? 
7. Getting lost. Don't take this one too exact: it's more of a 'loose' description to point out the moments in life where I had to, or decided to, change direction unexpected, both on major and smaller scale. It has taught me so so much, and hence I entirely agree with the quote above. 
8. Travelling. The cliché - it's what we all love, right? My international focus developed quite early, with a steady six year ambition to become a pilot and travel the world - sadly, both my eyes and my talent for science weren't good enough. So instead I took on an international study at university and travelled like crazy - the last one I'll definitely keep up in the future.  
9. Fashion. Over the past 1.5 years I've gotten more and more into it - it led to both this blog and a more developed sense of who I am and what I stand for; after all, fashion is a great way to reflect just that. 

What are the things you love in life? 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment - I read every single one of them!